Thursday, August 01, 2013

Char Kuey Teow at Heng Huat Cafe Lorong Selamat

Today me and BS went to Penang's famous Lorong Selamat's Char Kuey Teow (red hat aunties) at Heng Huat Cafe...

We reached at about 11am and there's yet any customer in the restaurant. I think most of them are taking it as lunch since it open quite late for breakfast.

3 types with 3 prices available... RM7.50 (no egg), RM8 (with egg) and RM10(special)... Both of us ordered the special one (RM10).

The special one has 5 big prawns.. quite heavy breakfast for us... we should have just order 1 plate normal and 1 plate special... I couldn't finish my plate of char kuey teow maybe because it was a little bit oily for me and I'm quite full after taken all the big prawns.. Overall the taste was just overall good...

2 comments:

  1. last time I take RM8 one, got 3 prawn. but because I "ta bao", taste so so (only eat after 2 hours drive home), may be need to eat on the spot then taste better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but for me it's a bit oily for me and the taste is just average good...:) Maybe next time you again and try... maybe also I was the first customer, she haven't warm up yet... :)

      Delete